Subject: [SCIGN-0095] PGGA_update
From: Jeff Behr
Date: 31 Aug 1995 18:42:27

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Thu Aug 31 18:42:27 PDT 1995      Message Number 0095
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: PGGA_update 

Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC)
Date: August 31, 1995

Re: Antenna changes at PGGA sites

SOPAC has upgraded seven PGGA sites with Dorne Margolin with choke ring
antennae as tabulated below. Five sites have new antennae from Ashtech,
fabricated based on the JPL design.  Two sites have old Dorne Margolin R
antennae supplied by Peter Worcester at SIO, which have been adapted for
Ashtech Z-12 tracking (see also SCIGN mail 87).

Unfortunately, the antenna at VNDP ceased functioning within 24 hours of 
its installation and had to be replaced with the original Ashtech Geodetic 
L1/L2 P antenna. We have received a replacement DM antenna from Ashtech
which will be installed soon.

Summary of Changes:

Site	Effective Date/time 	Antenna   Ant. Ht. (m)  Meas. Type
******************************************************************
SIO3    208/95 00:00 UTC        DM R	    1.9450      DHPAB   
MONP	214/95 00:00 UTC	DM ASH      0.1186	DHPAB
PIN1	214/95 00:00 UTC	DM R        1.8450	DHPAB
CRFP	215/95 00:00 UTC	DM ASH      0.0335      DHPAB
BLYT	215/95 00:00 UTC	DM ASH      0.0347 	DHPAB
VNDP*	216/95 00:00 UTC	DM ASH      1.7490	DHPAB
TRAK	217/95 00:00 UTC	DM ASH      0.5370	DHPAB
also
VNDP	228/95 00:00 UTC 	Ashtech     1.8480      DHPAB
                                Geodetic L1/L2 P
* Operational only for one day

IGS site logs will be updated shortly. We apologize for the delayed
notification of these changes.

Jeff Behr

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Geodesy Lab account)]