Subject: [SCIGN-0091] News from Dan Weill
From: Dave Jackson
Date: 24 Aug 1995 17:03:47

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Thu Aug 24 17:03:47 PDT 1995      Message Number 0091
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Jackson
Subject: News from Dan Weill

Dear SCIGN group,

Dan Weill says that the next panel is in October, and there is no hope of
having our proposal reviewed for that panel. The following panel is in
April, and we have plenty of time to make that one. We will need to adhere
to the 15 page limit.

Dan said we should keep in mind that he has just funded $2M for purchase of
GPS receivers, and many of the SCIGN proposers are beneficiaries of that
proposal. Thus we need to address the issue of how this proposal will be
different from the other, and what new and different results will come from
this new effort. 

I did not discuss with him the issue of recommended budgets, but I know from
previous conversations with him that smaller budgets are easier to fund.
Clearly $2M budgets are not impossible.

Yours truly, Dave Jackson

################################################
#   David D. Jackson, Professor of Geophysics  #
#   Southern California Earthquake Center      #
#   Department of Earth & Space Sciences       #
#   UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567           #
#   Phone 310-825-0421  Fax   310-825-2779     #
################################################

[Mailed From: "David D. Jackson" <[email-masked]>]

[Mailed From: Robert Liu <[email-masked]>]