Subject: [SCIGN-0066] LA Basin Station Update
From: K. Hudnut, J. Behr, Y. Bock
Date: 27 May 1995 15:17:15

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Sat May 27 15:17:15 PDT 1995      Message Number 0066
******************************************************************************

Author: K. Hudnut, J. Behr, Y. Bock
Subject: LA Basin Station Update

Date: May 27, 1995

Please note:

USGS permanent sites in the Los Angeles Basin have been upgraded to
low-power Ashtech Z-12 receivers and (Ashtech) Dorne Margolin with
choke ring antennas.  Site logs are being prepared and revised.

The basic information for these systems:

CODE Name          DOY  DHPAB (m)
---- ------------- ---  -----
BRAN Brand Basin   139  0.248
CLAR Claremont     139  0.137
HOLC Pearblossom   146  0.085
HOLP Hollydale     139  0.131
LEEP Mt. Lee       139  0.163
LONG Longdon Yard  139  0.148
ROCK Rocketdyne    142  0.142

Please note:

(1) The DOY is the day of year that the antenna was switched. Add one day
to get first full day of data with the new antenna.

(2) There are some discrepancies in the earlier antenna heights. These
will be detailed in the log sheets.

(3) Antenna dimensions and specifications will be circulated later as soon
as they are confirmed.

(4) CHIL (Chilao) is scheduled for upgrade on day 150.

Data are downloaded and stored on the SOPAC GARNER archive.
Data from these sites are incorporated into the daily analysis at SOPAC
which includes IGS, SCIGN (PGGA/DGGA), and BARD stations.

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Geodesy Lab account)]