Subject: [SCIGN-0587] Firmware upgrades, misc. Subject
From: Paul F. Jamason
Date: 30 Jun 1999 10:25:45

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Wed Jun 30 10:25:45 PDT 1999      Message Number 0587
******************************************************************************

Author: Paul F. Jamason
Subject: Firmware upgrades, misc.

Subject: Firmware upgrades, misc.

Dear Colleagues,

Several receiver swaps and/or firmware upgrades have occurred over the
past few weeks at SCIGN sites.  In order to be compliant with the GPS week
rollover occurring in August, Ashtech Z-XII3 receivers in the network
must possess CC00 firmware.  Swaps and/or upgrades have been performed at
the following sites:

azu1,tabl,clar,lbc1,lbc2,bran,pvep,dyhs,pmhs,bkms,vyas,spms,lphs,holc

Please consult the SOPAC log archive for effective dates and receiver
serial numbers.  Upgrades will be performed throughout the network over
the next several weeks.

Other network information:

An antenna swap was performed at Palomar Mountain (pmob) on 25-JUN-1999.
The new antenna is an ASH700936E_C, SN CR14733.  The old antenna was not
tracking.

An antenna swap was performed at Lake Skinner (bill) on 10-JUN-1999.  The
new antenna is a milled unit, newly manufactured by Ashtech.  Part number
is 701945-01, Rev. B; SN CR519991705.  An IGS antenna code for this model
has not been assigned yet and therefore the log has not been updated.

Data are missing for the Azusa (azu1) site for days-of-year 168 to 175.  A
teacher leaving for the summer accidentally powered down the site.

Data are missing for the China Lake (coso) site for days-of-year 150 to
163 due to ftp connection problems.

Finally, new logs have been generated directly from the SOPAC Database for
the entire SCIGN network.  These logs have a slightly different format
from the standard IGS template.  Please note that the contents of the
SOPAC Database for the SCIGN network are avaiable via a web-based Site
Information Manager, v0.7.  Documentation and user access are available
on-line at http://lox.ucsd.edu/whatsNew/.  Any feedback and/or
identification of errors are appreciated.

The site logs are available via ftp from:

ftp://lox.ucsd.edu/pub/docs/site_logs/

and from the web at:

http://lox.ucsd.edu

Thank you,
Paul

------------------------------------------------------------
Paul F. Jamason
Field Engineer, Southern California Integrated GPS Network 
Research Associate, Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center

Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, MC 0225
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225
------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Paul Jamason <[email-masked]>]