Subject: [SCIGN-0505] Several new SCIGN sites Subject
From: Paul F. Jamason
Date: 25 Jan 1999 14:36:53

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Mon Jan 25 14:36:53 PST 1999      Message Number 0505
******************************************************************************

Author: Paul F. Jamason
Subject: Several new SCIGN sites

Subject: Several new SCIGN sites

Dear Colleagues,

New SCIGN GPS stations are present at the following locations:

CRRS: Carter Reservior, Westmorland, Imperial Co.
DSSC: Desert Sun Science Center, Idyllwild, Riverside Co.
MLFP: Mills Filtration Plant, Riverside, Riverside Co.
UCSB: University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Co.
WCHS: West Covina High School, West Covina, Los Angeles Co.
WMAP: Whiteman Airport, Pacoima, Los Angeles Co.            

The first full day of data for CRRS is 14-JAN-1999; DSSC: 14-JAN-1999;
MLFP: 07-JAN-1999; UCSB: 09-OCT-1998; WCHS: 22-JAN-1999; WMAP: 
30-DEC-1998.

An ASHTECH Z-XII receiver running firmware version 1F50 and an ASHTECH 
antenna with Dorne-Margolin-type choke ring (ASH DM 700936D MILL) are 
present at UCSB; all other sites' firmware are CB00, with ASH DM 
700936E CAST antennas.

An antenna height measurement from base plate to the top of the antenna
choke ring has been provided for the UCSB site.  The antenna height to the 
generally-used antenna reference point (base plate of the antenna) of 
the ASH DM antena has been calculated as .081 m.  No futher information for
this site has been made available.

(SCIGN adaptors are employed at the other sites above, resulting in a 
standard SCIGN network antenna height of 0.0083m.)

New SCIGN sites are typically not announced to SCIGN mail until
DOMES numbers have been assigned.  However, there may be some delay
in the assignment of these numbers at this time.  Therefore, 
preliminary versions of these site logs are available via ftp from:

ftp://lox.ucsd.edu/pub/docs/site_logs/

and from the web at:

http://lox.ucsd.edu

Thank you,
Paul

------------------------------------------------------------
Paul F. Jamason
Field Engineer, Southern California Integrated GPS Network 
Research Associate, Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center

Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, MC 0225
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225

phone: 619-534-1750 (office)
       619-534-7692 (lab)
       619-981-4679 (cell)
pager: 619-973-5491
fax:   619-534-9873
------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Paul Jamason)]