Subject: [SCIGN-0496] SCIGN receiver swaps
From: Jeff Behr
Date: 6 Jan 1999 16:24:12

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Wed Jan  6 16:24:12 PST 1999      Message Number 0496
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: SCIGN receiver swaps

The USGS-SCIGN group has replaced 7 TurboRogue receivers with 
Ashtech Z-12 receivers as part of the homogenization of the
SCIGN.  Three receivers were swapped at, or near, day boundary 
004/005 and 4 more receivers were swapped at, or near, day 
boundary 005/006.  

SPK1 - Saddle Peak 		004/005
UCLP - UCLA Campus		004/005
WHC1 - Whittier College		004/005
AZU1 - Azusa High School	005/006
WLSN - Mt. Wilson		005/006
USC1 - USC Campus		005/006
TORP - Torrance Airport		005/006

The Ashtech receiver at each of these stations was connected 
to the Dorne Margolin choke ring antenna and cable in use at
the site. None of the antennae at these sites were disturbed 
during this swap. 

Receiver information and the dates and times of the swaps are
being forwarded to Paul Jamason at Scripps for update of SCIGN 
station logs.  He will submit the updated logs to the IGS Cen-
tral Bureau as soon as possible.

Thanks to Dave Stowers and Marty Marcin (and any others) at JPL 
for coordinating the download of the TurboRogue receivers during 
this operation.

Thank you.

Aris Aspiotes, Jeff Behr, John Galetzka, Ken Hudnut, Nancy King 
and Shannon Van Wyk 

*******************************************************************
Jeff Behr
SCIGN Operations Center                 TEL: (626) 583-7816
US Geological Survey                    FAX: (626) 583-7827
525 S. Wilson Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106                      [email-masked]
*******************************************************************

[Mailed From: Jeff Behr <[email-masked]>]