Subject: [SCIGN-0489] SOPAC newsletter / SCIGN headers Subject
From: Paul F. Jamason
Date: 22 Dec 1998 9:11:12

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Tue Dec 22  9:11:12 PST 1998      Message Number 0489
******************************************************************************

Author: Paul F. Jamason
Subject: SOPAC newsletter / SCIGN headers

Subject: SOPAC newsletter / SCIGN headers

Dear Colleagues,

New SCIGN sites not yet turned over to SIO and USGS for site
maintenance now reflect this in the NET (array name) field of the 
weekly SOPAC Data Holdings Newsletter.  These sites are now labeled 
"SCIGN-P", for SCIGN-Preliminary, and appear below the established 
SCIGN sites.

In addition, antenna serial numbers are not being entered into new
SCIGN site receivers, and therefore do not appear in the respective
rinex headers.  This information is required for a complete site log 
file.  Please note that several new site logs do not contain this 
information, since the antenna SN is unavailable from any source.  

Lack of antenna SN's in the rinex headers will required a large-scale
resubmission of new SCIGN site rinex files once these data become 
available. 

Sincerely,
Paul

------------------------------------------------------------
Paul F. Jamason
Field Engineer, Southern California Integrated GPS Network 
Research Associate, Scripps Orbit and Permanent Array Center

Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, MC 0225
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225

phone: 619-534-1750 (office)
       619-534-7692 (lab)
       619-981-4679 (cell)
pager: 619-973-5491
fax:   619-534-9873
------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Paul Jamason)]