Subject: [SCIGN-0430] CSN1 and HOLC changes Subject
From: Jeff Behr
Date: 14 Aug 1998 15:20:04

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Fri Aug 14 15:20:04 PDT 1998      Message Number 0430
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: CSN1 and HOLC changes

	SCIGN-USGS
Subject: CSN1 and HOLC changes

An Ashtech Z-XII receiver has been installed into the void at CSN1 
(Cal. State Northridge) effective Julian day 226/1998.  Data will 
be downloaded nightly at the USGS, then forwarded to Scripps for
archiving.  The Z-XII is presently connected to the choke-ring
antenna that had been in use with the TurboRogue receiver.  The
Z-XII receiver appears to be tracking well.

The Z-XII receiver at HOLC (Holcomb Ridge) has been replaced by a 
SCIGN issue Z-XII also effective day 226/1998.  The removed receiv-
er presently refuses to release data for days 223, 225 and 226.  We
will attempt to recover this data at the USGS lab.  Lightning strikes
which destroyed a surge suppressor at the site may be to blame for 
this failure.

Thank you.

*******************************************************************
Jeff Behr
SCIGN Operations Center                 TEL: (626) 583-7816
US Geological Survey                    FAX: (626) 583-7827
525 S. Wilson Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106                      [email-masked]
*******************************************************************

[Mailed From: Jeff Behr <[email-masked]>]