Subject: [SCIGN-0422] IGS Central Bureau -- Deputy Director, Position Opening
From: Ruth E. Neilan
Date: 31 Jul 1998 14:02:34

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Fri Jul 31 14:02:34 PDT 1998      Message Number 0422
******************************************************************************

Author: Ruth E. Neilan
Subject: IGS Central Bureau -- Deputy Director, Position Opening

JPL Employment Opportunity:

Deputy Director, Central Bureau of the International GPS Service

Program/Project Management

 Discipline: Program
 Level: Manager I
 Posted: 06/19/98, Reposting: 7/17/98
 Requisition #: 330_1762
 Weekly Rate Range: $1102-$2194
 Department: 3300 - Telecommunication Science & Engineering Division

REQUIRES: Demonstrated technical knowledge of the Global Positioning
System, the organization of the International GPS Service (IGS) IGS GPS
network operations and related analyses. Requires the ability to
successfuly interface with external agencies and technical organizations.
Requires management experience and excellent oral and written communication
skills.

DESIRE: Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or
Mathematics with six years experience, or MA/MS degree in similar
discipline with eight years experience, or BA/BS degree in similar
discipline with ten years experience. Experience with GPS technology, data
communication and data management systems experience. Working knowledge of
the IGS and its components. Business development or multi-disciplinary
project management experience and resource management experience.

WILL: Serve as the Deputy Director of International GPS Service Central
Bureau, which is responsible for the overall coordination and management of
the IGS, an international based service that supports geodetic and
geophysical research activities, government agency and select commercial
activities through GPS data and products. Oversee the coordination of the
IGS network and its development, including new technologies in
communication, tracking and data systems as required for on-going
activities and future projects. Currently, there are ~200 GPS ground
tracking stations in the network. Will provide effective leadership toward
the achievement of IGS objectives in accordance with IGS policies, the IGS
governing board decisions and requirements of IGS working groups. Will
represent the IGS Central Bureau at JPL to multiple external agencies.

Interested applicants should forward a copy of their resume or curiculum
vitae by August 14 to:

Ruth Neilan
IGS Central Bureau
JPL MS 238-540
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109

Tel: 818-354-8330
Fax: 818-393-6686
[email-masked]

[Mailed From: "Ruth E. Neilan" <[email-masked]>]