Subject: [SCIGN-0041] Northridge GPS - revised and additional data Subject
From: Ken Hudnut and collaborators
Date: 19 Jan 1995 17:01:42

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Thu Jan 19 17:01:42 PST 1995      Message Number 0041
******************************************************************************

Author: Ken Hudnut and collaborators
Subject: Northridge GPS - revised and additional data

Subject:  Northridge Eq. GPS

To:     Colleagues/Open Distribution
Date:   Jan. 19, 1995

On Jan. 17, we submitted our paper to BSSA for the Northridge Earthquake Special
Issue (Hudnut, K., Z-K. Shen, M. Murray, S. McClusky, R. King, T. Herring, B. Hager,
Y. Feng, P. Fang, A. Donnellan, and Y. Bock, Co-seismic displacements of the 1994
Northridge, Calif., earthquake).  In the paper, we present a set of displacement
vectors estimated from GPS measurements.  The data set has been revised from the one
we announced in Nov. '94 and have been distributing since then.  We revised our displacement
estimates at 46 stations, and added estimates for another 15 stations, so a total of
61 station displacement vectors are now available.  We reiterate that these data
are being distributed prior to publication; as such they are preliminary, and subject
to changes in the final published version of our paper.  We do anticipate needing
to revise these displacement estimates again, and we also expect to be able to add more
station displacements in the final published version of this data set.

The new version of the data set ("MIT950112") is available at the same anonymous
ftp location that we used before:

        scec.gps.caltech.edu   in   /pub/northridge/prelim.gps

Also, please note that we have moved our mosaic site to a long-term location at:

        http://aladdin.gps.caltech.edu/hudnut/hudnut.html

[Mailed From: Ken Hudnut <[email-masked]>]