Subject: [SCIGN-0357] PVEP Retrofit Subject
From: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Date: 17 Jan 1998 14:06:22

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Sat Jan 17 14:06:22 PST 1998      Message Number 0357
******************************************************************************

Author: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Subject: PVEP Retrofit

Subject:  PVEP Retrofit

The Palos Verdes PGGA Station was retrofitted with an Ashtech Z-12 receiver and 
Chokering antenna at the beginning of day 012.  The switch was prompted by the 
faltering Trimble 4000 SSE receiver original to the site.  The retrofit was 
accompanied by a site tie to PVE2 (~10m away) two days prior to and after the 
hardware change.  

Another marked change is the extraction of the fiberglass antenna enclosure; the 
antenna is currently "naked", but will be installed with a new SCIGN antenna 
dome when they become available.  The sitelog will reflect the recent changes at 
the station.

Images of the station are available at:

http://www-socal.wr.usgs.gov/galetzka/images/PVEP/

Thanks for your attention,

John Galetzka
Network Coordinator
Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN)
USGS-Pasadena 

[email-masked]              626-583-7230

[Mailed From: John Galetzka <[email-masked]>]