Subject: [SCIGN-0340] Wide Canyon (WIDE) on-line Subject
From: Jeff Behr
Date: 1 Oct 1997 13:00:55

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Wed Oct  1 13:00:55 PDT 1997      Message Number 0340
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: Wide Canyon (WIDE) on-line

Subject:  WIDE (Wide Canyon GPS) on-line

The Wide Canyon GPS station went on-line at 00:43 UTC, Jday 273
(Monday, September 29, 1997, 5:43 PDT).  The site is using one
of the ARI receivers from the SOPAC receiver pool. 

Station ID:	WIDE
Receiver:	Ashtech Low Power Z-XII (model 700845-10D),  SN LP01385
Firmware:	1E95-1D01
Antenna:	Ashtech Choke-ring (model 700936) with radome, SN 12736
Antenna Ht:	0.0083 m

The monument is composed of four 1" diameter stainless steel rods in 
a tripod-with-vertical-rod configuration.  The rods are grouted into 
solid meta-sediment at 5-6' depths and are welded together approxi-
mately 3' above ground level.  The site employs a SCIGN antenna 
adaptor with specified fixed antenna height of 0.0083 m. 

The station is located on the eastern end of the Wide Canyon Flood 
Control Dam, several miles east of Desert Hot Springs, in Riverside 
County.  The station is approximately 5 km N of the San Andreas fault.

I'd like to thank all the people who assisted in bringing this site
on-line, particularly those at Riverside County Flood Control who pro-
vided the funding and manpower for the installation, and the personnel 
at SIO and USGS-SCIGN who pitched in with their time, muscle and exper-
tise.

If anyone has any questions on the site they can contact Paul Jamason 
at SOPAC ([email-masked]).  Scripps will be the responsible 
operations group for this station.   

Jeff Behr

*******************************************************************
Jeff Behr
SCIGN Operations Center                 TEL: (818) 583-7816
US Geological Survey                    FAX: (818) 583-7827
525 S. Wilson Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106                      [email-masked]
*******************************************************************

[Mailed From: Jeff Behr <[email-masked]>]