Subject: [SCIGN-0292] PIN2 upgrade
From: Jeff Behr
Date: 4 Feb 1997 17:43:17

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Tue Feb  4 17:43:17 PST 1997      Message Number 0292
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Behr
Subject: PIN2 upgrade

On Julian day 023 1997, the Trimble 4000-SST receiver at PIN2
was replaced by an Ashtech Z-XII and Choke Ring Antenna.  This 
swap was done so that the PIN2 site could be added to the array 
of receivers with near real time download capabilities.  

During the first day of the new receiver's operation, a tie was 
performed to three other local sites - PIN1, PIN3 and the NASA 
mobile VLBI pad -  using choke ring antennae and Z-XII receivers 
running firmware version 1E95-1D01.  The PIN1-PIN2 GPS baseline
observation was supplemented by local theodolite/EDM measurement
as part of an ongoing PFO/SOPAC investigation. 

Due to the interruption to the PIN1 time series caused by the 
tie, we have removed the PIN1 RINEX file for day 023 from the 
SOPAC archive.  If anyone wishes to access that day's data they 
may download the raw file from the archive.

Updated site logs for PIN1 and PIN2 have been forwarded to the 
IGS Central Bureau.

Many thanks to Steve Bralla and Frank Wyatt for preparing the
site's phone line for this upgrade, and to they and Hadley John-
son for the years of manual download of the site data.

Our apologies for any difficulties this may have created.

Jeff 

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Jeff Behr)]