Subject: [SCIGN-0275] LONG--Antenna Changes Subject
From: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Date: 7 Jan 1997 13:34:40

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Tue Jan  7 13:34:40 PST 1997      Message Number 0275
******************************************************************************

Author: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Subject: LONG--Antenna Changes

Subject:  LONG--Antenna Changes

Happy New Year,

The GPS antenna at LONG (Longden Flood Control Yard) was discovered on 2JAN97 
(002 UTC) to have:

1)  A redundant missile cone antenna cover underneath the plexiglass cover (see 	
    attached JPEG images);

2)  An orientation of N020E.

As a result of these installation errors, the missile cone cover was removed and 
the antenna was oriented to true north.  The antenna HI before and after the 
changes was and remains 0.148 meters.

Thanks for your attention,

John Galetzka
Dense Component Network Coordinator
Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN)
USGS-Pasadena Field Office

[email-masked]              818-583-7818

[Mailed From: John Galetzka <[email-masked]>]