Subject: [SCIGN-0026] USGS Recr Status
From: Ken Hudnut, Will Prescott
Date: 30 Nov 1994 7:12:26

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Wed Nov 30  7:12:26 PST 1994      Message Number 0026
******************************************************************************

Author: Ken Hudnut, Will Prescott
Subject: USGS Recr Status

We have solicited bids to purchase the units for the USGS
sites of the LA Dense GPS Array.  The details of the procurement
are spelled out in a 45+ page document that the USGS Branch
of Procurements and Contracts has assisted us in writing.

To summarize the main points, it is a competitive bidding
situation.  The specifications have been written
so as to meet our requirements for use in the array.  The
solicitation for bids is called a Competitive RFP (Request
for Proposals).

Those of you who are interested in the details of this,
please request a hard-copy of the solicitation document
by leaving a phone message for Rita Leach in Menlo Park,
with your phone number and mailing address.  She is the
contracting officer for the USGS, and she can be reached
at (415)329-4162.  Any questions you have (or are asked)
regarding this solicitation are to be handled by her.

If everything proceeds on schedule, we expect the equipment
to arrive in Pasadena and be ready for deployment at sites
by late February, 1995.

[Mailed From: Ken Hudnut <[email-masked]>]