Subject: [SCIGN-0252] CLAR and DAM1 Back Online Subject
From: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Date: 15 Nov 1996 8:38:55

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Fri Nov 15  8:38:55 PST 1996      Message Number 0252
******************************************************************************

Author: John Galetzka, USGS-Pasadena
Subject: CLAR and DAM1 Back Online

Subject:  CLAR and DAM1 Back Online

Claremont Station (CLAR) is back online after one day of electrical
disruption at the site; no data file exists for CLAR 318, but a small one
exists for 319.

Pacoima Dam 1 (DAM1) is back online after nearly two weeks of annoying
electrical problems at the site; very little data exist for DAM1 302-317.

Electrical disruptions at both sites were attributed to an adverse
reaction between GFI outlets and surge suppressors used in the equipment
enclosures.  The situation was remedied by taking the GFI out of the
power supply circuit (see www-socal.wr.usgs.gov/hudnut/galetzka/GFI.html
for more information).

[Mailed From: John Galetzka <[email-masked]>]