Subject: [SCIGN-0209] Post-seismic motion at JPLM Subject
From: Michael B. Heflin
Date: 19 Jul 1996 18:35:19

******************************************************************************
SCIGN Electronic Mail    Fri Jul 19 18:35:19 PDT 1996      Message Number 0209
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael B. Heflin
Subject: Post-seismic motion at JPLM

Subject:  GPS Time Series, Positions, and Velocities

Time series, positions, and velocities in Southern California and around the
world have been updated through June 15, 1996.  The longest time series span
5.5 years starting January 22, 1991.  Results for more than 150 sites based on
more than 70,000 station-days of GPS data are available via internet at URL:

http://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/mbh/series.html

Several sites in Southern California now have data spanning one year; an
important milestone in the determination of reliable velocities.  Most sites
are performing well and current results already indicate significant velocity
gradients in some areas.  No significant non-linear effects have been observed
except for post-seismic motion at JPLM after the Northridge earthquake and
several discontinuities due to equipment changes.  New global sites continue
to improve the sampling of major plates.  Please take some time to browse
through a few time series and send any comments you may have.

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]