Subject: [IGSSTATION-923]: PTBB Weak performance of UTC (PTB), caused by CS2
From: Rudi Stöger <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:24:38 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          24 Apr 02:26:07 PDT 2006      Message Number 923
******************************************************************************

Author: Rudi Stoeger

Ladies and Gentlemen
 
On behalf of Andreas Bauch, PTB Braunschweig I forward this information
to you, concerning a weak performance of UTC (PTB), caused by CS 2.

With best regards
Rudi

Here follows the information from Andreas Bauch:

Dear colleagues,

starting Thursday, 20th, after 20 UTC you may have noticed a weak 
performance of UTC(PTB),
caused by CS2.  
I tried to do repair on Saturday evening, but finally I made things worse.
Since Sunday morning UTC(PTB) is realized with good old CS1 as the 
physical source.
Today we will bring CS2 back to service, however, we have not found the 
defect
component in the electronics. This morning every function was perfectly 
okay.
I am suspicious that the cause of error is the same as that reported in 
an earlier
mail from end January 2006, copied below. It did not show up again in 
the meantime.

With this mail I wish to alert you that PTB data are of limited use on
MJD 53845 - 53848. However, the maser data should not be affected by the 
problem.

We try to keep you informed on the progress we make.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards
Andreas Bauch
____________________________________________________
Dr. Andreas Bauch
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt
Fachbereich Zeit und Frequenz, AG 4.42
Time and Frequency Department, AG 4.42
____________________________________________________

Besuchsadresse / Paketadresse
Address for visits / Address for parcel delivery

Bundesallee 100
38116 Braunschweig
Germany
____________________________________________________
Postanschrift / postal address

Postfach 3345
38023 Braunschweig
Germany
____________________________________________________
Tel.: +49 531 592 4320
FAX.: +49 531 592 4479

Tel. Sekretariat +49 531 592 4419
____________________________________________________