Subject: [IGSSTATION-609]: GLPS: continued data outage
From: Oivind Ruud <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:16:46 -0600

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          08 Sep 11:16:48 PDT 2005      Message Number 609
******************************************************************************

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-604].
The GPS data collection computer at the Galapagos (GLPS) IGS station has suffered 
an unrecoverable hard disk crash and no data can be collected at this time. We 
will replace the unit as soon as possible, but some downtime will unfortunately 
have to be expected. An update will be sent out as soon as the station is back 
operational.

We apologize for the inconvenience this outage may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the GLPS station is a collaborative effort supported 
by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Charles Darwin Foundation, with funding provided by NASA's 
Earth Surface and Interior Focus Area - Science Mission Directorate.

Best regards,

     -Oivind Ruud