Subject: [IGSSTATION-550]: EISL: station decommssioned
From: Oivind Ruud <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:18:01 -0600

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          27 Jul 11:18:10 PDT 2005      Message Number 550
******************************************************************************

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

This is to announce the decommission of the old Easter Island station (EISL). All 
available data sets have been published (unfortunately with some missing days), 
and operations have been stopped (see also IGSMAIL-4899).

For those interested, the relative distance from EISL to the new ISPA station on 
Easter Island is as follows: 3853.928583(East), 2574.259966(North) and
-0.359408(Vertical).

We would like to thank the local collaborators in Chile and on Easter Island for 
their help over the years and their continued assistance in operating the ISPA 
station.

Maintenance and operations of the EISL station was a collaborative effort 
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and Universidad de Chile, Santiago, with funding 
provided by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.

Best Regards,

     -Oivind Ruud