Subject: [IGSSTATION-458]: MSKU: continued data outage from Gabon
From: Oivind Ruud <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:41:37 -0600

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          25 Apr 14:41:43 PDT 2005      Message Number 458
******************************************************************************

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-435].
The Internet connection to Franceville, Gabon (MSKU) is still down. A problem has 
been identified with the VSAT equipment, and replacement parts are being shipped. 
It is still uncertain how long the outage will last at this point.

We are still hopeful that backlogged data can be recovered and published once the 
Internet connection has been restored and the site is back operational.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the MSKU station is a collaborative effort supported 
by JPL, UNAVCO, IRIS, USGS, and Universite des Sciences et Techniques de Masuku in 
Franceville, with funding provided by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.

Best Regards,

     -Oivind Ruud