Subject: [IGSSTATION-406]: SOLA: data publishing resuming after prolonged outage
From: Oivind Ruud <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:57:28 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          14 Mar 12:57:29 PST 2005      Message Number 406
******************************************************************************

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Ref. [IGSSTATION-70].

The Internet and local communications to the Solar Village, Saudi Arabia (SOLA) 
station have been restored at this time. We are pleased to resume data publishing 
of hourly and daily files starting February 19th (2005.050). Unfortunately, there 
was a data gap going back to August 2nd, 2004 (2004.215), and also an outage for 
March 11th, 2005 (2005.070). There were no GPS equipment changes during this outage.

We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the work of personnel from 
the King Abdullah City for Science and Technology (KACST) and MIT in restoring 
operations at this site.

We also apologize for the inconvenience this extended outage may have caused.

Maintenance and operations of the SOLA station is a collaborative effort supported 
by JPL, MIT, UNAVCO, and King Abdullah City for Science and Technology (KACST) 
with funding provided by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.

Best regards,

     -Oivind Ruud