Subject: [IGSSTATION-394]: CHPI: data publishing halted
From: Oivind Ruud <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:06:00 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          04 Mar 13:06:05 PST 2005      Message Number 394
******************************************************************************

Author: Oivind Ruud, UNAVCO

Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, we are having more problems at the Cachoeira Paulista, 
Brazil (CHPI) station. A recent lightning strike as damaged the antenna 
and/or receiver and only C/A code is being recorded. Data publishing has 
been halted today, and users are discouraged to use any published data 
after February 27th (2005.058).

Replacement equipment will take some time to arrange and ship into the 
station and we apologize for the inconvenience this possibly extended 
outage may cause.

Maintenance and operations of the CHPI station is a collaborative effort 
supported by JPL, UNAVCO, and the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas 
Espaciais (INPE) with funding provided by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.

Best regards,

     -Oivind Ruud