Subject: [IGSSTATION-3488]: New GNSS stations in the french Caribbean Islands
From: "GARAYT" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:27:36 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          06 Jan 03:27:49 PST 2010      Message Number 3488
******************************************************************************

Author: Bruno Garayt

Dear Colleagues,

My IGN colleagues who are operating the French GNSS permanent network (RGP)
installed 2 GNSS stations located in the French Caribbean islands
(Guadeloupe and Martinique). These stations have been recently proposed to
be integrated into the IGS network and are at that time being assessed by
IGS.

These 2 stations are tracking GPS+GLONASS satellites and are already running
since a few months (almost one year in fact). Hourly and daily files are
available at IGN GDC.

The approximate coordinates of the sites are:

ABMF:

       Latitude (N is +)      : +161544.30
       Longitude (E is +)     : +2982820.89
       Elevation (m,ellips.)  : -25

LMMF :
       Latitude (N is +)      : +143541.34
       Longitude (E is +)     : -0605946.21
       Elevation (m,ellips.)  : -27.0

You can find some additional information about them at the following web
pages:

ABMF (Martinique):

 <http://rgp.ign.fr/STATIONS/fiche.php?type=station&ident=ABMF>
http://rgp.ign.fr/STATIONS/fiche.php?type=station&ident=ABMF

site log :

 <http://rgp.ign.fr/logsheet/abmf_20091015.log>
http://rgp.ign.fr/logsheet/abmf_20091015.log

LMMF (Guadeloupe):

 <http://rgp.ign.fr/STATIONS/fiche.php?type=station&ident=LMMF>
http://rgp.ign.fr/STATIONS/fiche.php?type=station&ident=LMMF

site log:

 <http://rgp.ign.fr/logsheet/lmmf_20091013.log>
http://rgp.ign.fr/logsheet/lmmf_20091013.log

These stations are operated in collaboration with the local entities of the
French national meteorological agency.

Best regards

Bruno

Bruno Garayt

IGN - Service de Giodisie et Nivellement

Riseaux et Services internationaux

Til. : (00 33 0) 1 43 98 81 97 FAX : (00 33 0) 1 43 98 84 50