Subject: [IGSSTATION-3303]: bhr1, bhr2, qui1, qui2, osn1, osn2: New equipment at NGA GPS stations
From: "Weingarth Leonard A Mr NGA-SNGR USA CIV" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Weingarth Leonard A Mr NGA-SNGR USA CIV" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:49:10 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          09 Sep 09:42:22 PDT 2009      Message Number 3303
******************************************************************************

Author: Leonard A Weingarth

Dear IGS colleagues,

During annual maintenance activities at NGA GPS monitor stations in
Osan,
South Korea, Quito, Ecuador, and MAnama, Bahrain, the antennas and
towers were replaced.

At South Korea and Ecuador the Ashtech chokering antennas were replaced
with ITT chokering antennas with scis radomes.

AT Bahrain the Ashtech chokering antenna was replaced with a new Ashtech

chokering antenna with scis radome.

None of these antenna/radome configurations are calibrated to IGS
standards.  Accordingly, uploads from these stations to IGS have been
temporarily halted.

The antenna/radome combinations are awaiting calibration, and upon
the completion of the calibration, new DOMES numbers will be requested
and new site logs will be uploaded to IGS.

Some data was uploaded to IGS in error after the antenna configurations
were changed.  Please delete or ignore data after the following times
for the following stations:

stations:

osn1, osn2   JD 204   Rinex file time 09 07 23 15 33 30.0
qui1, qui2   JD 214   Rinex file time 09 08 02 21 42 30.0
bhr1, bhr2   JD 238   Rinex file time 09 08 26 02 08 30.0

As soon as the antenna calibrations are completed, NGA will resume
uploading all stations to IGS, including all older files.

Kind regards,
Leonard A Weingarth
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Office of GEOINT Sciences,
GPS

Division GPS Monitor Station Network Control Center
(314) 676-1396 or -9140 (24x7 Ops); FAX: -3174 DSN: 846-