Subject: [IGSSTATION-1591]: erroneous RIOP data
From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:25:17 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Station Mail          31 May 08:25:22 PDT 2007      Message Number 1591
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers

Dear Colleagues,

On May 29, a batch of data from the site RIOP in Riobamba, Ecuador was
released including data from approximately doy 010, 2007. This was
unintentional and this data set should be considered unusable. 

The station configuration was being tested and was not stable. 

It is likely that the data will be (or has been) removed from the
various data centers (primarily CDDIS) that received this data.

UNAVCO will be updating the IGS site log to match the current
configuration of equipment shortly.

Note that data communications from the site are sparse (weekly), but
there has been some interest in having the data published, even at that
rate. Once the site log and data have been verified as accurate, data
from the site will be made available as access to the site permits.

Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

-dave