Subject: [IGSREPORT-8767] Wk 1139 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:19:21 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   08 Nov 12:19:24 PST 2001      Message Number 8767
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  8 Nov 01

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined the ITRF and the ICRF reference frames by removing
a priori mean bias and rate.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SPbU Int.    52213.79    17               0.001               0.026

GSFC Int.    52218.79    17              -0.009               0.018

IAA VLBI     52206.25     5   0.05  0.04  0.000   0.10  0.16  0.003

GSFC VLBI    52206.25     8  -0.21 -0.06  0.002   0.10  0.04  0.007

CSR SLR      52217.79    11  -0.08 -0.26 -0.075*  0.44  0.35  0.079*

TUD SLR      52215.00    10  -0.22 -0.06          0.41  0.27

IAA SLR      52219.00    30  -0.08  0.12          0.18  0.14

MCC SLR      52213.00    30   0.03 -0.24          0.10  0.16

IGS Final    52202.50    30   0.01  0.01          0.02  0.03

IGS Rapid    52221.50    19   0.00  0.00          0.02  0.04

             52221.50     2              -0.008*              0.013*

USNO GPS     52220.75    32               0.005*              0.020*

EMR GPS      52220.50    22              -0.009*              0.031*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          52215.5  30   0.14  0.28 -10.61  0.015   0.08  0.09   0.15  0.029

ESA          52209.5  30  -0.01  0.38        -0.039   0.09  0.08         0.024

EMR          52209.5  30   0.02  0.12 -14.57 -0.034   0.10  0.13   0.33  0.022

GFZ          52216.5  30  -0.04  0.18   0.00 -0.028   0.07  0.08   0.07  0.032

JPL          52209.5  30   0.01  0.23 -17.17 -0.026   0.05  0.07   0.25  0.024

NGS          52214.5  30  -0.15  0.05        -0.050   0.13  0.22         0.090

SIO          52209.5  30  -0.08  0.27        -0.018   0.09  0.07         0.029

USN (Rapid)  52219.5  29  -0.12  0.27        -0.040   0.14  0.15         0.024

USNO GPS UT  52220.5  30                0.70                       0.02

IGS Final    52202.5  30   0.01  0.19   0.00  0.004   0.03  0.04   0.02  0.019

IGS Rapid    52219.5  30  -0.02  0.20  -0.05  0.011   0.07  0.09   0.09  0.025

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Earth Orientation Center Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   52184.   30   0.02  0.01  0.003          0.04  0.04  0.019

97C04        52221.   30  -0.01  0.06 -0.001          0.08  0.07  0.027

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center is an activity of the Earth
Orientation Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420