Subject: [IGSREPORT-8689] Wk 1135 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:34:52 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   11 Oct 11:34:55 PDT 2001      Message Number 8689
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 11 Oct 01

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined the ITRF and the ICRF reference frames by removing
a priori mean bias and rate.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SPbU Int.    52180.79    16              -0.006               0.014

GSFC Int.    52186.79    18              -0.004               0.016

IAA VLBI     52178.25     5  -0.07  0.04  0.002   0.15  0.14  0.002

GSFC VLBI    52178.25     5  -0.17 -0.06  0.001   0.05  0.05  0.004

CSR SLR      52190.28    11  -0.03 -0.20 -0.004*  0.39  0.30  0.106*

TUD SLR      52185.00    10  -0.21 -0.02          0.24  0.33

IAA SLR      52191.00    30  -0.15  0.12          0.14  0.17

MCC SLR      52186.00    30  -0.08 -0.13          0.12  0.11

UTX LLR      51867.16     5               0.008               0.224

IGS Final    52174.50    30   0.01  0.00          0.02  0.03

IGS Rapid    52193.50    19   0.00 -0.01          0.02  0.05

             52193.50     6               0.003*              0.021*

USNO GPS     52192.75    32               0.000*              0.014*

EMR GPS      52192.50    22              -0.004*              0.034*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          52188.5  30   0.06  0.26  -9.91  0.014   0.08  0.09   0.25  0.026

ESA          52188.5  30   0.04  0.38        -0.046   0.10  0.11         0.024

EMR          52181.5  30  -0.04  0.13 -15.62 -0.029   0.06  0.10   0.29  0.020

GFZ          52181.5  30   0.01  0.21  -0.08 -0.004   0.05  0.06   0.07  0.030

JPL          52181.5  30   0.00  0.22 -17.84 -0.012   0.04  0.06   0.12  0.026

NGS          52186.5  30  -0.08  0.10        -0.071   0.12  0.17         0.079

SIO          52181.5  30  -0.02  0.18        -0.037   0.08  0.06         0.018

USN (Rapid)  52191.5  29  -0.13  0.30        -0.062   0.12  0.12         0.021

USNO GPS UT  52192.5  30                0.69                       0.03

IGS Final    52174.5  30   0.02  0.19   0.00 -0.001   0.03  0.04   0.02  0.017

IGS Rapid    52191.5  30  -0.01  0.20   0.02 -0.004   0.06  0.09   0.06  0.023

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Earth Orientation Center Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   52154.   30  -0.01  0.01  0.003          0.04  0.05  0.024

97C04        52193.   30   0.01  0.06  0.011          0.11  0.09  0.021

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center is an activity of the Earth
Orientation Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420