Subject: [IGSREPORT-8390] Wk 1120 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:32:56 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   28 Jun 12:32:58 PDT 2001      Message Number 8390
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 28 Jun 01

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined by ITRF94 and the current ICRF by removing a priori mean
bias, rate, annual and semiannual terms.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SPbU Int.    52082.79    17                .005                .012

GSFC Int.    52082.79    17               -.008                .015

IAA VLBI     52059.25     5   -.04   .07  -.002    .09   .09   .003

GSFC VLBI    52059.25     5   -.08   .04  -.001    .06   .06   .001

CSR SLR      52070.94    10   -.09   .03   .000*   .90   .54   .000*

TUD SLR      52080.00    10   -.16   .19           .32   .24

IAA SLR      52086.00    30   -.10   .24           .20   .17

MCC SLR      52081.00    30   -.11   .16           .11   .15

UTX LLR      51867.16     5                .008                .221

IGS Final    52069.50    30    .02   .00           .04   .03

IGS Rapid    52088.50    19    .00  -.01           .03   .06

             52088.50     5               -.013*               .035*

USNO GPS     52087.75    32                .001*               .016*

EMR GPS      52087.50    22                .001*               .021*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          52083.5  30   -.15   .25  -9.13   .011    .07   .06    .06   .017

ESA          52076.5  30   -.12   .40         -.019    .16   .10          .023

EMR          52076.5  30   -.03   .27 -17.95  -.006    .11   .09    .03   .023

GFZ          52076.5  30   -.11   .25    .07   .005    .08   .06    .73   .020

JPL          52083.5  30    .00   .30 -18.82  -.006    .04   .06    .07   .025

NGS          52079.5  30   -.10   .21         -.007    .19   .22          .045

SIO          52076.5  30    .00   .34          .003    .08   .05          .021

USN (Rapid)  52086.5  30   -.13   .12         -.024    .12   .18          .031

USNO GPS UT  52053.5  30                 .03                        .03

IGS Final    52069.5  30    .02   .25    .01   .003    .05   .03    .02   .019

IGS Rapid    52086.5  30   -.05   .21    .04  -.008    .08   .08    .05   .025

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Earth Orientation Center Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   52034.   30    .01   .04   .001           .05   .05   .013

97C04        52088.   30   -.05   .12   .010           .12   .04   .027

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center is an activity of the Earth
Orientation Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420