Subject: [IGSREPORT-8316] Wk 1116 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 9:11:05 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   04 Jun 06:11:10 PDT 2001      Message Number 8316
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 31 May 01

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined by ITRF94 and the current ICRF by removing a priori mean
bias, rate, annual and semiannual terms.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SPbU Int.    52050.80    19                .002                .017

GSFC Int.    52054.80    21                .003                .014

IAA VLBI     52038.25     5   -.11   .14  -.001    .13   .04   .003

GSFC VLBI    52038.00     5   -.06   .01  -.001    .04   .02   .003

CSR SLR      52035.15    10    .06   .09  -.144*   .25   .36   .145*

TUD SLR      52053.00    10   -.17   .19           .29   .31

IAA SLR      52058.00    30   -.07   .29           .27   .29

MCC SLR      52053.00    30    .03   .10           .14   .14

UTX LLR      51867.16     5                .006                .225

IGS Final    52041.50    30    .03  -.02           .05   .04

IGS Rapid    52060.50    19    .00   .00           .02   .06

             52060.50     5               -.009*               .014*

USNO GPS     52059.75    32               -.006*               .013*

EMR GPS      52059.50    22                .017*               .026*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          52055.5  30   -.03   .21  -9.24   .008    .10   .07    .07   .011

ESA          52048.5  30   -.04   .30         -.025    .14   .10          .027

EMR          52048.5  30   -.04   .30 -17.93  -.018    .13   .09    .06   .031

GFZ          52055.5  30   -.04   .30   1.53  -.009    .07   .06   1.50   .022

JPL          52048.5  30    .03   .25 -18.41   .020    .09   .08    .25   .046

NGS          52053.5  30   -.14   .09         -.020    .20   .21          .052

SIO          52048.5  30    .06   .27          .005    .10   .05          .026

USN (Rapid)  52049.5  29    .01   .31         -.029    .14   .13          .030

USNO GPS UT  52053.5  30                 .02                        .03

IGS Final    52041.5  30    .04   .23    .00  -.004    .06   .05    .02   .024

IGS Rapid    52058.5  30   -.01   .25    .00   .002    .06   .08    .10   .026

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Earth Orientation Center Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   52004.   30    .00   .03   .003           .04   .04   .026

97C04        52060.   30   -.01   .09   .014           .08   .09   .055

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center is an activity of the Earth
Orientation Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420