Subject: [IGSREPORT-8026] Wk 1102 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:24:20 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   23 Feb 09:24:21 PST 2001      Message Number 8026
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 22 Feb 01

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined by ITRF94 and the current ICRF by removing a priori mean
bias, rate, annual and semiannual terms.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    51882.80    12               -.009                .014

SPbU Int.    51956.80    18               -.004                .045

GSFC Int.    51959.80    17                .010                .018

NEOS VLBI    51863.25     4   -.21   .11   .006    .07   .12   .008

IAA VLBI     51940.25     5   -.07   .13  -.001    .10   .12   .005

GSFC VLBI    51926.00     5    .05   .02   .000    .16   .07   .005

CSR SLR      51959.41    11   -.01   .07  -.120*   .46   .75   .110*

TUD SLR      51954.00    10    .24   .35           .30   .37

IAA SLR      51959.00    30   -.09  -.16           .31   .23

MCC SLR      51955.00    30    .11  -.01           .19   .25

UTX LLR      51867.16     5                .010                .225

IGS Final    51943.50    30    .00  -.01           .02   .03

IGS Rapid    51962.50    19    .00   .00           .03   .04

             51962.50     2               -.010*               .008*

USNO GPS     51961.75    32               -.006*               .017*

EMR GPS      51961.50    22                .012*               .023*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          51957.5  30    .08   .21  -7.99   .006    .08   .12    .15   .011

ESA          51950.5  30    .00   .35         -.036    .12   .09          .026

EMR          51950.5  30   -.01   .19 -21.09  -.034    .09   .08    .32   .027

GFZ          51950.5  30    .00   .27    .05  -.006    .05   .10    .10   .026

JPL          51950.5  30    .05   .26 -19.07  -.018    .06   .09    .19   .107

NGS          51955.5  27   -.12   .09          .009    .19   .20          .053

SIO          51950.5  30    .05   .30          .014    .04   .08          .020

USN (Rapid)  51961.5  28    .13   .24         -.046    .14   .15          .028

USNO GPS UT  51961.5  30                 .04                        .04

IGS Final    51943.5  30    .02   .24    .00   .001    .02   .04    .02   .021

IGS Rapid    51961.5  30    .01   .19    .03  -.010    .10   .09    .11   .027

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Earth Orientation Center Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   51914.   30    .01   .02  -.010           .06   .05   .051

97C04        51962.   30   -.01   .06  -.079           .09   .09   .198

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center is an activity of the Earth
Orientation Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420