Subject: [IGSREPORT-0779] GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy / USNO
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 9:41:21 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Feb 10  9:41:21 PST 1994      Message Number 0779
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy / USNO
Subject: GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     10 February 1994

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Data reduced in the ITRF92 have been used where available. 
Means refer to the ITRF92 for those contributors who have reported
estimates in the ITRF92 (CODE, ESOC, EMR, JPL, and GFZ).  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   606  -1.76 -1.48          0.71  0.87
             -49388.5

CODE         48792.5   595   0.16 -1.14   0.45   0.76  0.88  2.00
             -49386.5

JPL          48794.5   556   0.04 -1.28          0.67  0.70
             -49381.5

ESOC         48794.5   588  -0.27 -1.72          1.14  1.40
             -49381.5

EMR          48830.5   506  -0.36 -1.36          0.69  0.79
             -49381.5
                       370                0.03               0.85

GFZ          48997.5   389  -0.40 -1.46          0.38  0.37
             -49381.5

NOAA         48988.5   390  -0.69 -1.53          1.17  1.32
             -49388.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

     Below is the same information as above provided for only the
last thirty data points sent by each contributor.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      49359.5        -0.49 -2.56          0.43  0.41
             -49388.5

CODE         49357.5        -0.01 -1.32  -2.70   0.32  0.28  0.14
             -49386.5

JPL          49352.5         0.07 -1.51          0.33  0.34
             -49381.5

ESOC         49352.5        -0.08 -1.78          0.35  0.26
             -49381.5

EMR          49352.5        -0.63 -2.17          0.52  0.71
             -49381.5

             49350.5                      0.29               0.50
             -49381.5 

GFZ          49352.5        -0.38 -1.64          0.32  0.26
             -49381.5

NOAA         49359.5         0.78 -1.38          0.89  0.89
             -49388.5
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100