Subject: [IGSREPORT-7292] Wk 1067 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 9:50:26 EDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report   23 Jun 06:50:37 PDT 2000      Message Number 7292
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Predictions

Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 22 Jun 00

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined by ITRF94 and the current ICRF by removing a priori mean
bias, rate, annual and semiannual terms.  (No corrections are applied to 
the NEOS VLBI and the NEOS Intensives series for UT1-UTC.)

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    51712.81    24               -.003                .034

SPbU Int.    51712.81    24               -.006                .023

NEOS VLBI    51702.25     4   -.11   .15   .001    .09   .14   .005

IAA VLBI     51702.25     4    .04   .05   .005    .19   .04   .002

CSR SLR      51713.86    11   -.07  -.39  -.069*   .43   .35   .150*

TUD SLR      51711.00    10    .21  -.10           .37   .32

IAA SLR      51715.00    30    .02   .05           .18   .24

MCC SLR      51709.00    30    .26  -.28           .15   .17

UTX LLR      51659.45    14                .068                .117

IGS Final    51698.50    30    .00  -.01           .02   .04

IGS Rapid    51716.50    18   -.01  -.01           .03   .08

             51716.50     4               -.007*               .023*

USNO GPS     51716.50    30                .000*               .021*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          51704.5  30   -.01   .12  -7.56   .006    .07   .04    .04   .021

ESA          51705.5  30   -.04   .41         -.013    .08   .08          .018

EMR          51705.5  30    .07   .11 -24.83   .059    .11   .13    .53   .041

GFZ          51705.5  30   -.02   .24    .01  -.009    .09   .08    .05   .019

JPL          51705.5  30    .10   .14 -19.17   .005    .08   .09    .20   .054

NGS          51708.5  30    .15   .24         -.048    .24   .15          .053

SIO          51705.5  30    .06   .20          .001    .06   .08          .019

USN (Rapid)  51716.5  29    .05   .23         -.022    .11   .17          .030

USNO GPS UT  51716.5  30                1.69                        .03

IGS Final    51698.5  30    .02   .23    .00  -.003    .04   .06    .01   .019

IGS Rapid    51716.5  30   -.01   .22   -.01   .003    .09   .09    .08   .023

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in their UT estimates
  and thus the standard deviations are not representative of the intrinsic
  capabilities of GPS alone for monitoring UT variations.  USNO estimates
  UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   51674.   30    .04  -.02   .000           .03   .05   .031

97C04        51717.   30    .03   .03  -.011           .08   .11   .059

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Prediction is an activity of the
National Earth Orientation Service and is performed by the Earth Orientation
Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420