Subject: [IGSREPORT-0720] GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy / USNO
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 9:33:56 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Jan 20  9:33:56 PST 1994      Message Number 0720
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy / USNO
Subject: GPS Earth Orientation

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     20 January 1994

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Data reduced in the ITRF92 have been used where available. 
Means refer to the ITRF92 for those contributors who have reported
estimates in the ITRF92 (CODE, ESOC, EMR, JPL, and GFZ).  Units are
milliseconds of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for
UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   571  -1.86 -1.41          0.66  0.86
             -49353.5

CODE         48792.5   574   0.14 -1.13   0.57   0.78  0.90  1.95
             -49365.5

JPL          48794.5   521   0.00 -1.26          0.69  0.73
             -49360.5

ESOC         48794.5   567  -0.30 -1.71          1.16  1.44
             -49360.5

EMR          48830.5   485  -0.38 -1.31          0.71  0.78
             -49360.5
                       350                0.01               0.87

GFZ          48997.5   368  -0.44 -1.44          0.40  0.40
             -49360.5

NOAA         48988.5   368  -0.83 -1.51          1.07  1.37
             -49366.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

     Below is the same information as above provided for only the
last thirty data points sent by each contributor.  Please disregard
last weeks means.  There was an error in the computation.

Contributor Data Span              Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      49324.5        -2.08 -1.08          0.42  0.64
             -49353.5

CODE         49336.5        -0.16 -1.09  -2.49   0.41  0.38  0.14
             -49365.5

JPL          49317.5        -0.19 -1.30          0.40  0.45
             -49360.5

ESOC         49331.5        -0.46 -1.52          0.52  0.55
             -49360.5

EMR          49331.5        -0.65 -1.37          0.67  0.77
             -49360.5

             49327.5                     -0.50               1.06
             -49360.5 

GFZ          49331.5        -0.59 -1.28          0.38  0.39
             -49360.5

NOAA         49337.5        -0.02 -0.31          0.57  0.75
             -49366.5

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100