Subject: [IGSREPORT-592] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 11 NOV 1993 17:01:27

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     11-NOV-1993 17:01:27       Message Number 592
***********************************************************************

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subj: Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
-----------------------------------------------

Date: 10 November 1993

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   501  -1.81 -1.52          0.67  0.80
             -49283.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   491  -0.71 -1.81  -4.52   0.81  0.91  1.59
             -49290.5

JPL          48794.5   458  -0.79 -1.28          0.71  0.75
             -49283.5

ESOC         48794.5   497  -1.00 -1.89          1.22  1.51
             -49290.5

EMR          48830.5   415  -1.24 -0.96          0.71  0.80
             -49290.5
                       299               -0.02               0.79

GFZ          48997.5   298  -0.77 -0.85          0.39  0.39
             -49290.5

NOAA         48988.5   289  -1.02 -1.69          1.07  1.37
             -49294.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100