Subject: [IGSREPORT-585] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 5 NOV 1993 11:55:59

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report      5-NOV-1993 11:55:59       Message Number 585
***********************************************************************

From:  Dennis McCarthy
Subj:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:  4 November 1993
------------------------------------------------

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   501  -1.81 -1.52          0.67  0.81
             -49283.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   483  -0.70 -1.81  -4.47   0.81  0.92  1.56
             -49282.5

JPL          48794.5   458  -0.79 -1.28          0.71  0.76
             -49283.5

ESOC         48794.5   490  -1.00 -1.89          1.22  1.52
             -49283.5

EMR          48830.5   408  -1.23 -0.96          0.71  0.81
             -49283.5
                       295               -0.02               0.79

GFZ          48997.5   291  -0.76 -0.85          0.39  0.40
             -49283.5

NOAA         48988.5   282  -1.02 -1.15          1.07  1.39
             -49287.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100