Subject: [IGSREPORT-575] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 29 OCT 1993 11:02:33

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     29-OCT-1993 11:02:33       Message Number 575
***********************************************************************

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     28 October 1993
---------------------------------------------------

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   480  -1.77 -1.55          0.65  0.82
             -49262.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   483  -0.72 -1.84  -4.47   0.82  0.93  1.56
             -49282.5

JPL          48794.5   451  -0.80 -1.30          0.71  0.77
             -49276.5

ESOC         48794.5   490  -1.01 -1.91          1.23  1.52
             -49283.5

EMR          48830.5   408  -1.24 -0.99          0.72  0.83
             -49283.5
                       295               -0.02               0.80

GFZ          48997.5   284  -0.78 -0.89          0.39  0.42
             -49276.5

NOAA         48988.5   276  -1.07 -1.75          1.06  1.38
             -49281.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100