Subject: [IGSREPORT-558] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 22 OCT 1993 16:56:23

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     22-OCT-1993 16:56:23       Message Number 558
***********************************************************************

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     21 October 1993
---------------------------------------------------

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   480  -1.77 -1.53          0.65  0.82
             -49262.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   466  -0.70 -1.81  -4.36   0.82  0.94  1.48
             -49265.5

JPL          48794.5   444  -0.78 -1.27          0.71  0.76
             -49269.5

ESOC         48794.5   476  -0.98 -1.89          1.23  1.54
             -49269.5

EMR          48830.5   401  -1.22 -0.94          0.71  0.81
             -49276.5
                       289               -0.02               0.80

GFZ          48997.5   277  -0.74 -0.85          0.39  0.40
             -49269.5

NOAA         48988.5   256  -1.12 -1.76          1.04  1.41
             -49263.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100