Subject: [IGSREPORT-555] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 20 OCT 1993 20:04:24

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     20-OCT-1993 20:04:24       Message Number 555
***********************************************************************

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
Date:     14 October 1993
---------------------------------------------------

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   480  -1.77 -1.53          0.65  0.82
             -49262.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   466  -0.70 -1.81  -4.36   0.82  0.94  1.48
             -49265.5

JPL          48794.5   437  -0.77 -1.27          0.71  0.77
             -49262.5

ESOC         48794.5   469  -0.97 -1.89          1.24  1.56
             -49262.5

EMR          48830.5   394  -1.22 -0.94          0.71  0.81
             -49269.5
                       283               -0.01               0.81

GFZ          48997.5   270  -0.74 -0.85          0.39  0.42
             -49262.5

NOAA         48988.5   256  -1.12 -1.76          1.04  1.41
             -49263.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100