Subject: [IGSREPORT-537] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 11 OCT 1993 15:10:54

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report     11-OCT-1993 15:10:54       Message Number 537
***********************************************************************

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
____________________________________________________

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.  Changes in the means from last
week's report are indicative of the change in the NEOS system
introduced on 7 October 1993.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)
                              x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

Scripps      48780.5   473  -1.75 -1.53          0.64  0.83
             -49255.5

CODE(ITRF91) 48800.5   460  -0.69 -1.80  -4.32   0.83  0.94  1.45
             -49259.5

JPL          48794.5   423  -0.75 -1.26          0.72  0.77
             -49248.5

ESOC         48794.5   469  -0.98 -1.89          1.24  1.56
             -49262.5

EMR          48830.5   387  -1.21 -0.94          0.72  0.82 
             -49262.5
                       277               -0.01               0.82

GFZ          48997.5   263  -0.73 -0.84          0.40  0.42
             -49255.5

NOAA         48988.5   247  -1.16 -1.75          1.02  1.43
             -49254.5

Plots of the residuals are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Chief Earth Orientation Parameters       phone: (202) 653-0066
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 653-0587
Washington, DC 20392-5100