Subject: [IGSREPORT-4761] Wk 0951 GPS Earth Orientation
From: IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Predictions
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 8:51:57 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Apr  2  8:51:57 PST 1998      Message Number 4761
******************************************************************************

Author: IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Predictions
Subject: Wk 0951 GPS Earth Orientation

Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  2 Apr 98

In this report, individual Earth orientation time series are compared
to the IERS Bulletin A combination.  For further information, including
the raw time series, refer to http://maia.usno.navy.mil/bulletin-a.html.

The first table below shows some comparison results for those series
included in Bulletin A during the last 30 days.  All data are aligned to
the system defined by ITRF94 and the current ICRF by removing a priori mean
bias, rate, annual and semiannual terms.  (No corrections are applied to 
the NEOS VLBI and the NEOS Intensives series for UT1-UTC.)

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50895.73    17                .004                .019

NEOS VLBI    50897.25     4   -.21   .03  -.002    .16   .13   .004

CSR SLR      50903.00    11    .24  -.31  -.044*   .45   .25   .068*

TUD SLR      50898.00    10    .18  -.19           .55   .42

IAA SLR      50903.00    30    .05  -.14           .18   .28

MCC SLR      50898.00    10    .10  -.24           .26   .23

UTX LLR      50904.10     8                .013                .184

IGS Final    50893.50    30    .00   .02           .04   .04

IGS Rapid    50903.50    10    .01   .02           .09   .07

             50903.50     7                .020*               .091*

USNO GPS     50903.50    29                .156*               .113*

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  VLBI-based results have been used to minimize drifts in UT
  estimates.

The following tables show comparisons for other related time series during
the last 30 days.  All IGS series are final solutions except for the USNO
series.  No a priori systematic corrections have been applied.

Units: milliseconds of arc for x, y; milliseconds of time for UT, LOD 

IGS           Latest   #              Mean                Standard Deviation
Series         Day               (series-BullA)
                             x     y     UT*    LOD*    x     y      UT*   LOD*

COD          50900.5  30    .40  -.09   8.04   .027    .05   .08    .19   .021

ESA          50893.5  30    .22   .13         -.008    .23   .23          .036

EMR          50900.5  30   -.11   .20 -11.60  -.008    .14   .12    .12   .035

GFZ          50893.5  30    .33   .12   -.19  -.007    .12   .10    .39   .031

JPL          50893.5  30    .21  -.02  -7.48   .031    .14   .20    .25   .042

NGS          50900.5  30    .55   .12         -.023    .16   .23          .053

SIO          50893.5  30    .33   .10          .040    .20   .10          .032

USN (Rapid)  50903.5  30    .24   .10          .003    .21   .17          .037

USNO GPS UT  50903.5  29                 .16                        .11

IGS Final    50893.5  30    .29   .04    .00   .002    .07   .10    .02   .027

IGS Rapid    50903.5  30    .31   .06    .07  -.007    .12   .13    .08   .030

* All satellite techniques provide information on the rate of change of
  Universal Time contaminated by effects due to unmodelled orbit node
  motion.  The UT results for COD and JPL are integrations of LOD estimates.
  EMR estimates UT and LOD separately by applying a priori orbit constraints.
  GFZ and IGS use VLBI-based results to minimize drifts in UT estimates.
  USNO estimates UT using long-term models for orbit plane rotations.

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Series       Latest    #          Mean                Standard Deviation
              Day            (series-BullA)
                             x     y  UT1-UTC           x     y  UT1-UTC

Bulletin B   50874.   30    .09   .18   .004           .14   .11   .035

97C04        50904.   30    .13   .02   .007           .11   .13   .084

Plots of the residuals are available at http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The IERS Sub-bureau for Rapid Service and Prediction is an activity of the
National Earth Orientation Service and is performed by the Earth Orientation
Department at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]