Subject: [IGSREPORT-4682] Wk 0945 G-SINEX Comparisons
From: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 7:12:27 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Tue Mar 10  7:12:27 PST 1998      Message Number 4682
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Subject: Wk 0945 G-SINEX Comparisons

Comparison of GNAAC Combined SINEX Solutions - Week 0945   
(FEB 15, 1998 - FEB 21, 1998)

Contacts: J. Kouba ([email-masked])
          D. Hutchison([email-masked])

COMPARISON ALGORITHM:

   1. MIT and NCL GNAAC  combined  SINEX  solutions  for the week in question
      were deconstrained. The JPL SINEX file is already unconstrained.

   2. Any stations  not  present  in  all GNAAC combined SINEX files were de-
      leted  from all three combined solutions.  Every solution was then sub-
      jected to a 7-parameter transformation  into  a common reference system
      (the 13 ITRF94 station positions). 

   3. Outliers are determined at the 99.0% confidence level for each coordin-
      ate.  If a station  has  an outlier in either latitude,  longitude,  or
      height, it is ignored in all subsequent computations.

FILES COMPARED:
   mit0945g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   jpl0945g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   ncl0945g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov

GNAACs: MIT JPL NCL

STATIONS WITH INCONSISTENT ANTENNA ECCENTRICITY INFORMATION:
(FILE: / STATION / L1 (UNE) / L2 (UNE) / ECCENTRICITY (UNE))
(UNE = Up North East (metres))

jpl0945g.snx: BISH    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .046   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: BISH    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0945g.snx: ELAT    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.011   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: ELAT    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.011   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0945g.snx: KATZ    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.012   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: KATZ    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.012   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0945g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .132   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .045   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.045 M.

jpl0945g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .222   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .135   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.135 M.

jpl0945g.snx: TELA    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: TELA    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0945g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 2.355 M.

jpl0945g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
mit0945g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.081 M.

jpl0945g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.754   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: HOFN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: HRAO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.754   .000   .000
ncl0945g.snx: MDVO    Antenna missing                           .146   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: NICO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: SELE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: UPAD    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  1.962   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: ZECK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0945g.snx: ZIMM    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000

FILE ncl0945g.snx MISSING THE SITE/GPS_PHASE_CENTER BLOCK.
DEFAULTING TO KNOWN L1/L2 OFFSETS AND ECCENTRICITIES.

CONFIDENCE LEVEL FOR OUTLIER DETECTION (ITRF94): 99%
OUTLIERS REJECTED (COORD/STATION/GNAACs):
   Lat MAS1 MIT-JPL   Lat MAS1 MIT-NCL   Lon KWJ1 MIT-JPL
   Lon TAEJ MIT-JPL   Lon SHAO MIT-JPL   Lon FORT MIT-JPL
   Lon IISC MIT-JPL   Hgt NTUS MIT-JPL   Hgt NTUS MIT-NCL
   Hgt KWJ1 MIT-NCL   Hgt TSKB MIT-NCL     

59 GLOBAL STATIONS:
   ALBH ALGO ANKR AREQ ASC1 AUCK BAHR BOR1 BRMU BRUS
   CAS1 CHAT COCO CRO1 DAV1 DGAR DRAO EISL FAIR GOLD
   GUAM HOB2 IRKT KELY KERG KIRU KIT3 KOKB KOSG LHAS
   MAC1 MADR MATE MDO1 METS MKEA NLIB NRC1 NYAL OHIG
   ONSA PERT POL2 POTS RCM6 REYK SANT STJO TAHI TIDB
   USUD VILL WES2 WHIT WSRT WTZR YAR1 YELL ZWEN 

11 FIDUCIAL STATIONS:
   ALGO FAIR GOLD KOKB KOSG MADR SANT TIDB WTZR YAR1
   YELL         

AVERAGE COORDINATE RMS USING ITRF94:

             59    GLOBAL  STATIONS         11   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
        MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL   JPL-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
           (mm)      (mm)      (mm)       (mm)       (mm)       (mm)
        -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Lat        1.0       1.0       0.6        8.5        8.7        8.6 
Lon        1.4       1.3       0.9        9.6        9.3        9.2 
Hgt        2.1       2.1       2.0        9.8        9.9       10.2 
3D         2.7       2.6       2.3       16.1       16.1       16.2

VARIANCE FACTORS WITH ITRF94 (CHI-SQUARE / (DEGREES OF FREEDOM)):

        59    GLOBAL  STATIONS         11   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
   JPL-NCL   MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
   -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
     0.076     0.304     0.178      2.019      1.552      1.834

OFFSETS AND SCALE FACTOR WRT ITRF94 (FIDUCIAL STATIONS):
(TRANSFORMATION FROM ITRF94 TO GNAAC SINEX FILES)

      Tx (mm) STD(mm) Ty (mm) STD(mm) Tz (mm) STD(mm) Scale (ppb) STD(ppb)
      ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------- --------
JPL      -4.8     4.1    29.5     4.3    -1.9     6.0        -0.6      0.4
MIT      -2.3     3.0     5.1     3.0    -1.8     3.7        -0.8      0.4
NCL      -3.6     4.2    21.2     4.3     4.4     6.1        -0.6      0.4

REMARKS:

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM mit0945g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM jpl0945g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM ncl0945g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

-- 
David Hutchison
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: David Hutchison <[email-masked]>]