Subject: [IGSREPORT-4567] Wk 0933 G-SINEX Comparisons
From: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:09:09 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Tue Feb  3 10:09:09 PST 1998      Message Number 4567
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Subject: Wk 0933 G-SINEX Comparisons

Comparison of GNAAC Combined SINEX Solutions - Week 0933   
(NOV 23, 1997 - NOV 29, 1997)

Contacts: J. Kouba ([email-masked])
          D. Hutchison ([email-masked])
          R. Ferland ([email-masked])

COMPARISON ALGORITHM:

   1. MIT and NCL GNAAC  combined  SINEX  solutions  for the week in question
      were deconstrained. The JPL SINEX file is already unconstrained.

   2. Any stations  not  present  in  all GNAAC combined SINEX files were de-
      leted  from all three combined solutions.  Every solution was then sub-
      jected to a 7-parameter transformation  into  a common reference system
      (the 13 ITRF94 station positions). 

   3. Outliers are determined at the 99.0% confidence level for each coordin-
      ate.  If a station  has  an outlier in either latitude,  longitude,  or
      height, it is ignored in all subsequent computations.

FILES COMPARED:
   mit0933g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   jpl0933g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   ncl0933g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov

GNAACs: MIT JPL NCL

STATIONS WITH INCONSISTENT ANTENNA ECCENTRICITY INFORMATION:
(FILE: / STATION / L1 (UNE) / L2 (UNE) / ECCENTRICITY (UNE))
(UNE = Up North East (metres))

jpl0933g.snx: BISH    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .046   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: BISH    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0933g.snx: ELAT    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.011   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: ELAT    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.011   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0933g.snx: KATZ    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.012   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: KATZ    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.012   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0933g.snx: TELA    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: TELA    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0933g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.754   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.803   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 9.8030 M.

jpl0933g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 2.355 M.

jpl0933g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .132   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .045   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.045 M.

jpl0933g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .222   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .135   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.135 M.

jpl0933g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
mit0933g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.081 M.

jpl0933g.snx: HOFN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0933g.snx: LPGS    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
ncl0933g.snx: MDVO    Antenna missing.                          .146   .000   .000
jpl0933g.snx: NICO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0933g.snx: SELE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0933g.snx: ZECK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0933g.snx: ZIMM    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000

FILE ncl0933g.snx MISSING THE SITE/GPS_PHASE_CENTER BLOCK.
DEFAULTING TO KNOWN L1/L2 OFFSETS AND ECCENTRICITIES.

CONFIDENCE LEVEL FOR OUTLIER DETECTION (ITRF94): 99%
OUTLIERS REJECTED (COORD/STATION/GNAACs):
   Lat KERG MIT-JPL   Lat KERG MIT-NCL   Lat ASC1 MIT-NCL
   Lat CAS1 MIT-NCL   Lat COCO MIT-NCL   Lat PERT MIT-NCL
   Lon NTUS MIT-JPL   Lon ASC1 MIT-NCL   Lon NTUS MIT-NCL
   Lon TAHI MIT-NCL   Lon TAIW MIT-NCL   Lon AUCK MIT-NCL
   Hgt TAIW MIT-JPL   Hgt FORT MIT-JPL   Hgt SANT MIT-NCL
   Hgt TAIW MIT-NCL   Hgt TAHI MIT-NCL   Hgt FORT MIT-NCL

57 GLOBAL STATIONS:
   ALBH ALGO ANKR AREQ BAHR BOR1 BRMU CHAT CRO1 DGAR
   DRAO FAIR FLIN GOLD GRAZ GUAM HOB2 IISC IRKT KELY
   KIRU KIT3 KOKB KOSG KSTU KWJ1 LHAS MAC1 MADR MAS1
   MATE MCM4 MDO1 METS MKEA NLIB OHIG ONSA POL2 POTS
   RCM6 REYK SHAO STJO TAEJ THU1 TIDB TSKB USUD VILL
   WES2 WHIT WSRT WTZR YAR1 YELL ZWEN   

10 FIDUCIAL STATIONS:
   ALGO FAIR GOLD KOKB KOSG MADR TIDB WTZR YAR1 YELL

AVERAGE COORDINATE RMS USING ITRF94:

             57    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
        MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL   JPL-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
           (mm)      (mm)      (mm)       (mm)       (mm)       (mm)
        -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Lat        1.1       1.5       0.7        7.8        7.8        7.6 
Lon        1.7       2.1       1.2       10.7        9.6        9.5 
Hgt        2.5       2.3       1.4       10.0       10.3        9.9 
3D         3.2       3.4       2.0       16.6       16.1       15.7

VARIANCE FACTORS WITH ITRF94 (CHI-SQUARE / (DEGREES OF FREEDOM)):

        57    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
   JPL-NCL   MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
   -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
     0.060     0.553     0.371      2.276      1.889      1.754

OFFSETS AND SCALE FACTOR WRT ITRF94 (FIDUCIAL STATIONS):
(TRANSFORMATION FROM ITRF94 TO GNAAC SINEX FILES)

      Tx (mm) STD(mm) Ty (mm) STD(mm) Tz (mm) STD(mm) Scale (ppb) STD(ppb)
      ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------- --------
JPL      -3.7     4.7    -0.2     5.2    17.8     6.5        -1.6      0.4
MIT      -0.4     2.7    -5.2     3.0    13.9     3.1        -1.5      0.4
NCL      -5.0     4.5     7.5     4.7    17.1     6.6        -1.4      0.4

REMARKS:

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM mit0933g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM jpl0933g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM ncl0933g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

-- 
David Hutchison
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: David Hutchison <[email-masked]>]