Subject: [IGSREPORT-4566] Wk 0932 G-SINEX Comparisons
From: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 9:47:09 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Tue Feb  3  9:47:09 PST 1998      Message Number 4566
******************************************************************************

Author: AC Coordinator / NRCan GSDivision
Subject: Wk 0932 G-SINEX Comparisons

Comparison of GNAAC Combined SINEX Solutions - Week 0932   
(NOV 16, 1997 - NOV 22, 1997)

Contacts: J. Kouba ([email-masked])
          D. Hutchison ([email-masked])
          R. Ferland ([email-masked])

COMPARISON ALGORITHM:

   1. MIT and NCL GNAAC  combined  SINEX  solutions  for the week in question
      were deconstrained. The JPL SINEX file is already unconstrained.

   2. Any stations  not  present  in  all GNAAC combined SINEX files were de-
      leted  from all three combined solutions.  Every solution was then sub-
      jected to a 7-parameter transformation  into  a common reference system
      (the 13 ITRF94 station positions). 

   3. Outliers are determined at the 99.0% confidence level for each coordin-
      ate.  If a station  has  an outlier in either latitude,  longitude,  or
      height, it is ignored in all subsequent computations.

FILES COMPARED:
   mit0932g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   jpl0932g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
   ncl0932g.snx at cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov

GNAACs: MIT JPL NCL

STATIONS WITH INCONSISTENT ANTENNA ECCENTRICITY INFORMATION:
(FILE: / STATION / L1 (UNE) / L2 (UNE) / ECCENTRICITY (UNE))
(UNE = Up North East (metres))

jpl0932g.snx: BISH    .075   .002  -.001   .069  -.001   .002   .046   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: BISH    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .046   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0932g.snx: ELAT    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.011   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: ELAT    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.011   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0932g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.754   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: HARK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  9.803   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 9.8030 M.

jpl0932g.snx: KATZ    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000  -.012   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: KATZ    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001  -.012   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0932g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .132   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: KOUR    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .045   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.045 M.

jpl0932g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .222   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: MALI    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .135   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.135 M.

jpl0932g.snx: TELA    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: TELA    .078   .000  -.003   .074  -.003  -.001   .000   .000   .000
   - Unresolvable (no log file)

jpl0932g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: WUHN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000  2.320   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 2.355 M.

jpl0932g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
mit0932g.snx: YAR1    .078   .000   .000   .096   .000   .000   .073   .000   .000
   - Both wrong. Should be L1/L2 offset .110, .128 M., eccentricity 0.081 M.

ncl0932g.snx: MDVO    Antenna missing.                          .146   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: MOIN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .994   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: NICO    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: SELE    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: HOFN    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: LPGS    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: ZECK    .110   .000   .000   .128   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000
jpl0932g.snx: ZIMM    .069   .000   .000   .068   .000   .000   .000   .000   .000

FILE ncl0932g.snx MISSING THE SITE/GPS_PHASE_CENTER BLOCK.
DEFAULTING TO KNOWN L1/L2 OFFSETS AND ECCENTRICITIES.

CONFIDENCE LEVEL FOR OUTLIER DETECTION (ITRF94): 99%
OUTLIERS REJECTED (COORD/STATION/GNAACs):
   Lat OHIG MIT-JPL   Lat ASC1 MIT-NCL   Lat KERG MIT-NCL
   Lat FORT MIT-NCL   Lat AREQ MIT-NCL   Lat SANT MIT-NCL
   Lat OHIG MIT-NCL   Lat BRAZ MIT-NCL   Lon FORT MIT-JPL
   Lon AUCK MIT-JPL   Lon FORT MIT-NCL   Lon AUCK MIT-NCL
   Hgt MAS1 MIT-JPL   Hgt MCM4 MIT-JPL   Hgt FORT MIT-JPL
   Hgt MAS1 MIT-NCL   Hgt FORT MIT-NCL     

58 GLOBAL STATIONS:
   ALBH ALGO ANKR BAHR BOR1 BRMU CAS1 CHAT COCO CRO1
   DGAR DRAO EISL FAIR FLIN GOLD GUAM HOB2 IISC IRKT
   KELY KIRU KIT3 KOKB KOSG KSTU KWJ1 LHAS MAC1 MADR
   MATE MDO1 METS MKEA NLIB NTUS ONSA PERT POL2 POTS
   RCM6 REYK SHAO STJO TAEJ TAIW THU1 TIDB TSKB USUD
   VILL WES2 WHIT WSRT WTZR YAR1 YELL ZWEN  

10 FIDUCIAL STATIONS:
   ALGO FAIR GOLD KOKB KOSG MADR TIDB WTZR YAR1 YELL

AVERAGE COORDINATE RMS USING ITRF94:

             58    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
        MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL   JPL-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
           (mm)      (mm)      (mm)       (mm)       (mm)       (mm)
        -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
Lat        1.3       1.5       0.7        7.8        8.2        8.0 
Lon        1.7       1.4       0.8       10.6       10.1        9.9 
Hgt        2.9       2.5       1.3       11.5       11.3       10.9 
3D         3.6       3.2       1.7       17.5       17.2       16.8

VARIANCE FACTORS WITH ITRF94 (CHI-SQUARE / (DEGREES OF FREEDOM)):

        58    GLOBAL  STATIONS         10   FIDUCIAL   STATIONS
   JPL-NCL   MIT-JPL   MIT-NCL MIT-ITRF94 JPL-ITRF94 NCL-ITRF94
   -------   -------   ------- ---------- ---------- ----------
     0.075     0.783     0.507      2.713      2.054      2.135

OFFSETS AND SCALE FACTOR WRT ITRF94 (FIDUCIAL STATIONS):
(TRANSFORMATION FROM ITRF94 TO GNAAC SINEX FILES)

      Tx (mm) STD(mm) Ty (mm) STD(mm) Tz (mm) STD(mm) Scale (ppb) STD(ppb)
      ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ----------- --------
JPL       4.1     4.5    -2.8     4.8    30.1     6.4        -2.3      0.4
MIT       7.6     2.8    -4.2     3.0    22.6     3.3        -2.1      0.4
NCL       4.0     4.4     2.1     4.7    31.1     6.6        -1.9      0.4

REMARKS:

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM mit0932g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM jpl0932g.snx :
   Stations: TROM

THE FOLLOWING ITRF94 FIDUCIAL STATIONS ARE MISSING FROM ncl0932g.snx :
   Stations: HART TROM

-- 
David Hutchison
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

[Mailed From: David Hutchison <[email-masked]>]