Subject: [IGSREPORT-4423] Wk 0936 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 8:49:59 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Dec 18  8:49:59 PST 1997      Message Number 4423
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0936 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 18 Dec 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50797.64    22                .002                .030

NEOS VLBI    50792.25     5    .04   .01  -.005    .07   .04   .009

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.010                .128

CSR SLR      50793.08    10   -.25  -.02  -.030    .38   .28   .142

IAA SLR      50798.00    30    .16  -.18           .28   .18

IGS Final    50788.50    30    .00   .02           .06   .04

IGS Rapid    50798.50    10   -.05  -.01           .28   .20

             50798.50     1                .016                 ---

USNO GPS     50798.50    29                .132                .030

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50783.5    30   -.56  -.11           .30   .19

CODE          50791.5    30   -.43   .26 -15.50    .06   .11    .17

JPL           50788.5    30   -.13  -.21   4.41    .11   .15    .29

ESOC          50788.5    30   -.07  -.32           .26   .27

NRCan         50795.5    30   -.12  -.61  11.13    .21   .23    .14

GFZ           50795.5    30   -.29  -.02    .08    .13   .20    .11

NOAA          50795.5    30   -.61  -.70           .28   .39

USNO          50795.5    30   -.04  -.59           .27   .30

USNO GPS UT1  50798.5    29                 .13                 .03

IGS Final     50788.5    30   -.30  -.14    .01    .08   .05    .04

IGS Rapid     50798.5    30   -.41  -.35   -.01    .27   .26    .12

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50754.     30   -.03  -.03   .006    .14   .16   .032

97C04         50798.     30   -.07  -.08  -.003    .16   .18   .019

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]