Subject: [IGSREPORT-4348] Wk 0932 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:20:45 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Nov 20 12:20:45 PST 1997      Message Number 4348
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0932 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 20 Nov 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50769.73    20                .008                .022

NEOS VLBI    50764.25     5    .00  -.01  -.002    .03   .05   .002

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.008                .134

CSR SLR      50765.87    11   -.25   .04   .013    .30   .19   .044

IGS Final    50760.50    30    .07   .02           .10   .08

IGS Rapid    50770.50    10    .04  -.04           .11   .06

             50770.50     1                .002                 ---

USNO GPS     50770.50    27                .044                .040

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50760.5    30   -.36  -.07           .18   .17

CODE          50767.5    30   -.46   .29 -15.94    .16   .14    .15

JPL           50760.5    30    .00  -.20   3.42    .15   .16    .43

ESOC          50753.5    30   -.09  -.40           .16   .15

NRCan         50767.5    30    .12  -.43  11.09    .19   .22    .05

GFZ           50767.5    30   -.18  -.32    .09    .16   .21    .16

NOAA          50769.5    30   -.44  -.28           .36   .23

USNO          50770.5    30    .03  -.47           .23   .31

USNO GPS UT1  50770.5    27                 .04                 .04

IGS Final     50760.5    30   -.22  -.15    .03    .10   .09    .04

IGS Rapid     50770.5    30   -.33  -.34    .11    .20   .20    .15

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50724.     30   -.02  -.02   .009    .08   .16   .020

97C04         50772.     30    .00  -.12   .001    .14   .17   .098

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]