Subject: [IGSREPORT-4329] Wk 0931 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 7:56:36 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Nov 13  7:56:36 PST 1997      Message Number 4329
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0931 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 13 Nov 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50762.74    20                .014                .026

NEOS VLBI    50757.25     5    .12  -.05  -.025    .19   .05   .049

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.011                .132

CSR SLR      50759.99    11   -.21   .05  -.028    .30   .14   .072

UT LLR       50627.17     2               -.029                .014

IGS Final    50753.50    30    .05  -.01           .09   .06

IGS Rapid    50763.50    10   -.01   .02           .05   .05

             50763.50     1               -.060                 ---

USNO GPS     50763.50    27               -.022                .070

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50753.5    30   -.38  -.13           .21   .20

CODE          50759.5    30   -.46   .32 -16.10    .12   .17    .12

JPL           50753.5    30   -.03  -.19   3.04    .13   .17    .50

ESOC          50753.5    30   -.08  -.41           .16   .15

NRCan         50760.5    30    .10  -.43  11.07    .22   .23    .04

GFZ           50760.5    30   -.17  -.35   -.05    .18   .27    .06

NOAA          50760.5    30   -.46  -.18           .46   .27

USNO          50754.5    30   -.17  -.57           .23   .29

USNO GPS UT1  50763.5    27                -.02                 .07

IGS Final     50753.5    30   -.25  -.18    .00    .10   .08    .02

IGS Rapid     50763.5    30   -.31  -.34    .00    .16   .20    .10

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50724.     30   -.02  -.01   .007    .07   .16   .018

97C04         50765.     30   -.02  -.08  -.011    .26   .20   .078

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]