Subject: [IGSREPORT-4309] Wk 0930 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 6:31:03 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Fri Nov  7  6:31:03 PST 1997      Message Number 4309
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0930 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date:  6 Nov 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50753.93    21                .018                .024

NEOS VLBI    50750.25     5    .08  -.05  -.007    .10   .07   .006

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.009                .133

CSR SLR      50754.17    10   -.21   .08   .011    .31   .13   .064

UT LLR       50627.17     5               -.027                .025

IGS Final    50746.50    30    .03  -.01           .08   .07

IGS Rapid    50756.50    10    .02  -.04           .08   .10

             50756.50     3                .042                .006

USNO GPS     50756.50    27                .007                .037

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50746.5    30   -.35  -.13           .18   .24

CODE          50752.5    30   -.50   .28 -16.18    .09   .16    .12

JPL           50746.5    30   -.06  -.17   2.65    .14   .18    .52

ESOC          50746.5    30   -.10  -.45           .15   .14

NRCan         50753.5    30   -.03  -.47  11.08    .19   .20    .03

GFZ           50746.5    30   -.33  -.43   -.08    .15   .17    .07

NOAA          50753.5    30   -.64  -.20           .37   .35

USNO          50754.5    30   -.19  -.62           .21   .34

USNO GPS UT1  50756.5    27                 .01                 .04

IGS Final     50746.5    30   -.27  -.19    .00    .08   .09    .02

IGS Rapid     50756.5    30   -.35  -.36    .01    .18   .19    .09

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50724.     30   -.02  -.02   .009    .07   .19   .020

97C04         50757.     30    .05   .05  -.014    .24   .19   .056

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]