Subject: [IGSREPORT-4287] Wk 0929 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:56:37 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Oct 30 11:56:37 PST 1997      Message Number 4287
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0929 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 30 Oct 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50746.78    21                .016                .025

NEOS VLBI    50743.25     5    .10  -.07  -.005    .08   .06   .006

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.006                .133

CSR SLR      50747.70    11   -.17   .13   .005    .27   .18   .049

UT LLR       50627.17    10                .003                .083

IGS Final    50739.50    30    .01   .00           .07   .09

IGS Rapid    50749.50    10    .04  -.04           .08   .09

             50749.50     3               -.024                .004

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50739.5    30   -.41  -.20           .19   .24

CODE          50746.5    30   -.47   .30 -16.28    .11   .15    .13

JPL           50739.5    30   -.07  -.11   2.29    .13   .17    .47

ESOC          50739.5    30   -.09  -.48           .16   .18

NRCan         50746.5    30   -.04  -.48  11.06    .20   .19    .02

GFZ           50746.5    30   -.32  -.40   -.08    .16   .15    .07

NOAA          50748.5    30   -.66  -.29           .40   .39

USNO          50745.5    30   -.28  -.55           .32   .25

USNO GPS UT1  50749.5    28                -.01                 .06

IGS Final     50739.5    30   -.28  -.19   -.01    .07   .10    .02

IGS Rapid     50749.5    30   -.38  -.35    .03    .20   .21    .08

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50694.     30   -.01   .00   .007    .13   .16   .042

97C04         50751.     30   -.10   .07  -.014    .44   .29   .046

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]