Subject: [IGSREPORT-4243] Wk 0927 GPS Earth Orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 9:26:23 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Report    Thu Oct 16  9:26:23 PDT 1997      Message Number 4243
******************************************************************************

Author: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Wk 0927 GPS Earth Orientation

From: Dennis McCarthy
Subject: Earth Orientation Contributions to IERS Bulletin A
Date: 16 Oct 97

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  All data are aligned to the system defined by ITRF94 and
the current ICRF by estimating and removing mean bias, rate, annual
and semiannual terms.  The only exception to this is the NEOS VLBI
and the NEOS Intensives series whose UT1-UTC are not corrected.

Below are the mean and standard deviation of each submission
included in the Rapid Service combination compared with the
combination for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds of arc
for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor   Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

NEOS Int.    50734.65    19                .014                .030

NEOS VLBI    50729.25     5    .12  -.06  -.008    .13   .07   .006

JPL VLBI     50721.86     8               -.006                .133

CSR SLR      50733.18    10   -.17   .11   .020    .19   .12   .030

TUD SLR      50610.00     4    .06   .03           .57   .25

UT LLR       50627.17    10                .002                .083

IGS Final    50725.50    30    .03   .00           .06   .11

IGS Rapid    50735.50    10   -.04  -.04           .16   .05

             50735.50     1               -.043                 ---

For comparison, the mean and standard deviations of other related
series are listed below for the last 30 days.  Units are milliseconds
of arc for x and y, and milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC

Series        Latest      #         Mean          Standard Deviation
               Day               (NEOS-series)
                                x     y  UT1-UTC    x     y  UT1-UTC

SIO           50725.5    30   -.45  -.14           .12   .25

CODE          50732.5    30   -.36   .17 -16.57    .10   .27    .29

JPL           50725.5    30   -.09  -.09   1.55    .11   .16    .43

ESOC          50725.5    30   -.02  -.40           .16   .33

NRCan         50732.5    30   -.04  -.51  11.01    .19   .20    .08

GFZ           50732.5    30   -.43  -.23   -.09    .17   .16    .08

NOAA          50731.5    30   -.59  -.31           .36   .48

USNO          50735.5    30   -.44  -.50           .36   .36

USNO GPS UT1  50735.5    30                 .06                 .46

IGS Final     50725.5    30   -.27  -.17    .00    .06   .10    .02

IGS Rapid     50735.5    30   -.39  -.37    .03    .20   .22    .06

IERS Central Bureau Series:

Bulletin B    50694.     30   -.01   .00   .007    .13   .15   .043

97C04         50736.     30   -.04   .06   .013    .15   .23   .033

Plots of the residuals are available through the world wide web at,
http://maia.usno.navy.mil/plots.html to anyone interested.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]